Yesterdays FOTD, and thoughts on Clinique Even Better Foundation

18 September 2010

Yesterdays FOTD, and thoughts on Clinique Even Better Foundation

Hey everyone! Yet again I have been slacking on the blog front. However I have been snapping away at products and looks for the crazy amount of blogging ideas I have had all week long.
I thought I would start my first post of the weekend with a little FOTD from yesterday :)

Yesterday was nice and sunny so excuse the sunglasses I have plonked on top of my head in a rush :)


Face:
Clinique Even Better Foundation in Alabaster
MAC Mineral Skin Finish Natural in Medium
Nars Orgasm blusher
Nars Laguna bronzer
Benefit Speed Brow Brow Gel

Lips:
MAC Hello Kitty lip tint in 'Popster' (lightly dabbed on)

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Retrospeck eyeshadow
MAC Mulch eyeshadow
MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Whiskey (taken from the UD Naked palette)
Dior Diorshow Extase mascara in Black


Clinique Even Better Spf10 Thoughts:
This was the first time trying out this foundation - I had bought it back in April but the shade had been too dark for me. Now that I'm more tanned I had to reach for a darker shade foundation and this was calling out to me from my collection.
Pros:
I wore it yesterday, as you can see in the above FOTD, and was pleasantly impressed to begin with. It gives a very dewy, fresh finish - even when set with a little powder. I was amazed that my skin didn't feel oily at all (due to the powder) but it still maintained that fresh faced glow. Love love love. It also lived up to it's complexion correcting promises and managed to make the red marks on my chin disappear - despite being a fairly light/medium coverage foundation.
Cons:
This foundation did have it's draw backs - by the evening I looked like a shiny mess on my forehead. I know most people touch up their face with powder throughout the day but I'm not that kind of person. I like to do my face in the morning and leave it all day. Therefore, I have to ditch this foundation.

I am now keen to try Clinique's Anti Blemish foundation - if anyone has tried it please let me know your thoughts below - would love to hear what you think :)


Lydia xox

3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! Really loving that eyeshadow. I have been thinking of trying this foundation after my Marcelle bottle runs out. Just made an expensive trip to Clinique today for some concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia you look just gorgeous!!! You are just glowing!!!
    Your skin looks amazing with that foundation too but I so get what you mean with the shine factor- I'm not one to touch up my makeup during the day either. I like to put it on and be done with it for the day- who has time to be fiddling around with it during the day!

    I have and LOVE Clinique's Anti-blemish foundation- I've been through 3 tubes of it so far. It has honestly helped with clearing my skin too and I don't feel guilty wearing it (like it's clogging it up).
    The only drawback I find with it is that it isn't all that long lasting on me without a setting powder. However with my MAC Mineralize skin finish it lasts all day without a prob! Hope that helps :) x

    P.S. Thanks so much for getting back to me about your MAC brush- I so gotta get me one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your eyeshadow on this!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete