May Favourites

12 June 2010

May Favourites

Hello everyone! I have been really slack on the blogging front recently, so apologies for my delayed monthly favourites.

About a week ago I found out I am going to be working in a childrens summer camp in Boston (USA) for summer so I am going to be absent from blogging for quite some time sadly. Hope you can bear with me!


Top 5 products for May were:

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer - by far the best concealer I've ever used. I did love Mac's Studio Fix, but the Bobbi Brown tops it for me because it doesn't cake at all. It glides on and doesn't cling to the dry parts of your spot. Love love love.

Fat Hair Hair Spray: I never used to use hairspray, but I picked this up after asking my friend how she got her hair so voluminous. It turns out this hairspray is her secret product. Lift the hair up, spray this hairspray on to the roots, rub and shake hair where it was sprayed and voila - an abundance of volume! Can't recommend this stuff enough. I have been using this mini sized bottle for weeks, but there is a large bottle available if you were wondering. You can get this at Superdrug for about £3.

Sleek Kajal Eyeliner in Black - I bought this after seeing a few bloggers mention it but didn't particularly have huge hopes. It pleasantly surprised me because it is the first eyeliner that actually appears as pure black on my waterline, and it actually stays for hours. I've been enjoying using this on my waterline and then thinly applying it to my lower lash line. It looks really smoky and sexy, awesome for nights out.

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Tone Refreshing Shampoo - I use this shampoo about once a week to keep my highlights looking fresh. It stops my hair looking so dull and it actually makes it shiny, which is hard to achieve on blonde locks. I never suffer from brassy tones, not even when my hair was white blonde all over, so I can't comment on what it does for that. But it is a purple shampoo, so I'm guessing it should do the trick!

Chanel Glossimer Lipglosses - no shade in particular, I am just totally loving Chanel Glossimers this month! I have 5 in total, all various shades of pink, and love them all. They are sticky, but not too sticky. Just about the perfect balance. The are often quite sheer, and infused with sparkles, which is great worn over a lipstick. My favourite is probably the shade Astral - looks hot pink in the tube, but applies quite sheer - looks awesome over hot pink lipstick.

So that is all this month, I always try to narrow it down to 5 favourites because otherwise I'd have a list the length of my arm!

Lydia xox


7 comments:

  1. Have fun working at a summer camp, that sounds fun!

    I've had my eye on the bobbi brown concealer for ages and i think this post has made me finally give in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always tempted to try that BB concealer too so all these reviews I've read recently aren't helping lol! And thanks so much for the hairspray rec, my hair is in desperate need of volume now it's getting longer so I'll be heading straight to Superdrug to pick this up! I already use the thickening spray from the range but it doesn't really seem to do much so I wouldn't recommend that!


    Hope you have an amazing time in Boston! When do you go? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna try that Hair Spray!~I've been using Tressume but it's not that amazing lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at that eyeliner in Superdrug the other day and wasn't sure how it would turn out so I didn't get it. Might have to head back there and give it another go!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great favourites! :) ive been wanting to try out some fat hair products to try and thicken up my hair. have you got any other products from the range? just found your blog btw.. its lovely! you have a new follower :) <33

    ReplyDelete
  6. @paperheart - thank you :) i haven't tried any of the other fat hair products sorry, but i cannot recommend the hairspray enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged you in a post today!

    ReplyDelete