Cetaphil Cleanser and Moisturiser Review

18 June 2010

Cetaphil Cleanser and Moisturiser Review

Hello everyone, happy Friday to you all!

I have had such a manic week so apologies for being so slack with the blog yet again. Monday I travelled to London to get my US visa, Tuesday I had to wait in for the visa to arrive, Wednesday I went shopping in Cardiff for clothes, yesterday I did all the family visits and today I went in to my local town to buy toileteries. Now I'm just waiting on flight details before I jet off to Boston (USA) for the entire summer! Exciting!

Whilst I'm still here I am trying to make the most of blogging, so here is a review on Cetaphil.
I've been using this cleanser and moisturiser for over a month now so I definitely feel like these have had a good trial.


Price: £8 each from Victoriahealth.com (I bought these when they were on offer - buy the cleanser and get the moisturiser free, what a bargain!)

What I like: I love how gentle the cleanser is on my skin. I used to think using facial washes loaded with salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide were the key to fighting spots, but it turns out this very gentle face wash has done my skin the world of good. I use this twice a day, morning and evening, along with Cetaphil moisturiser.
The moisturiser is long lasting and great for rehydrating skin that is dry or subject to spot fighting products which dry the skin out. This moisturiser has proved to be an excellent make-up base - non greasy but hydrates the skin nicely in preparation for foundation.

What I didn't like: Whilst you only need a teeny tiny blob of moisturiser to cover your entire face, the cleanser goes down a lot more quickly. I've used half a bottle of the Cetaphil cleanser in a month, compared to just one quarter (if that) of the moisturiser. This is the only negative point because at £8 it is pretty expensive and would be expensive to keep up as a permanent skin regime. I would also say that the moisturiser may be a little too intense for someone with particularly oily skin. (Note: my skin type is combination, prone to spots on chin but not particularly oily)

Would I repurchase? : Yes, absolutely. Although at £8 each it isn't cheap, I definitely feel it is worth it. I am taking these products as my only skin care to the states with me, and hope to repurchase them both whilst I am out there.

If you are thinking of trying Cetaphil I think it is definitely worth a go. Have a look around sites that sell Cetaphil - you might be able to pick up some offers!

Lydia xox

9 comments:

  1. This review came at a great time! I really want to try this cleanser as everyone in the US seems to love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Daisy - I definitely recommend! What I was pleasantly pleased to find was that the maker of Cetaphil (Galderma) are the same maker of the antibiotics I was recently on for a bad breakout of spots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went down the route of using salycylic acid products too, thinking I was doing a good thing for my skin but actually making it worse in the long run! I'm all for "gentle" and skin kind products. So excited for you going to the states, what are you doing out there? xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Onyx - I'm going out there to work in a childrens summer camp :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. See that is interesting, I've had my bottle of the cleanser, same size as yours, for about 3/4 months now and I'm not even half done!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, let me know if you want to know any advice/tips about going out there. I studied out there, and my boyfriend did camp america a few years ago. It'll be such an amazing experience, Boston is somewhere I really wanted to visit when I was there but never got the chance. I expect lots of photos from you! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Laura - its probably because I use way too much then! I find that a bit too much product comes out each time and that all adds up eh! xox

    @Onyx - aww thank you :) that's amazing that you studied out there, it's something I did look into but decided a summer working out there would be best for me xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review... I use nothing at the moment. EEK. So will be seeking this out apart from soap!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and i'm loving it! :)
    xx
    themface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete