Haul: MAC, Nars, Bobbi Brown

30 May 2010

Haul: MAC, Nars, Bobbi Brown

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a good weekend. I'm having a lazy Sunday and thought I should spare some time to do a little blog post :)

I went shopping in Cardiff on Friday and picked up a little more make-up than I had originally planned.. oohh dear. But here is my haul anyway...

MAC:
4 pan palette
Retrospeck e/s (top left)
Satin Taupe e/s (top right)
Ricepaper e/s (bottom left)

This is all I had originally planned to get. I needed a 4 pan palette for general travel needs, and I had written down 3 eyeshadows from my wishlist.

As I was at MAC I got distracted and decided to pick up my first paint pot, in the shade 'Painterly'. It's a pretty, flesh toned neutral - ideal for eyeshadow bases or just on it's own for a more natural look.


I then scooted to John Lewis, and whilst I wandered around waiting for the Bobbi Brown MUA to match me up, I got sidetracked at the Nars counter. I ended up picking up their Laguna bronzer, which I have been tempted to buy for a while.


Then finally, at Bobbi Brown I made two purchases.

Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF15 in 'Sand'.
I originally didn't plan to get this, but the MUA applied it to me underneath the concealer I wanted to buy and I fell in love with it instantly. It has the same coverage as MAC's Studio Fix Fluid, but it feels so much lighter on the skin. Expect a full review on this in the future!

And lastly, what I had intended to get at Bobbi Brown - their Creamy Concealer. I was matched as 'Cool Sand'. I love this concealer already - I specifically bought it because I was sick of MAC Studio Fix Concealer making my skin look dry. This does the opposite!


So there is my little (or not-so-little) haul!

Lydia xox

12 comments:

  1. I just got satin taupe and i love it! Retrospect looks nice as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got lots of things on my wishlist. The only thing that isn't on there is Retrospeck, but that's because I already have it and adore it. I use it every single day without fail. Enjoy your new goodies chick xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @superficialgirl - I am loving Satin Taupe too! Can't believe I never owned it until now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Expensive day! All looks lovely though. How do you rate the paintpot vs the very wonderful Benefit creaseless eye creams?? Am defo jealous with your massive haul anyway xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! Satin Taupe and Laguna Bronzer are favourites of mine! I really want Retrospeck too. How do you like it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goodies! Looking forward to a review on the foundation, I am trying mine again to make myself love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lucy - I used it as a base last night and it was equally as good!

    @Maya - love Retrospeck! It is so pretty.. it will be well used :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good haul, cant wait to see what you think of the foundation :) and love those eye shadow colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many good buys! I want to buy ricepaper as it seems like a great neutral. Interested to see how you get on with the Bobbi Brown products xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh those mac eyeshadows look gorgeoussss! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love the Bobbi Concealer!! That's one awesome haul you've got there!

    xx

    thebeautybite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete