A new love.. MAC 188 Stipling Brush!

14 March 2010

A new love.. MAC 188 Stipling Brush!

Hello everyone! The other week I was at MAC, getting re-matched for the Studio Fix Fluid and fell in love with how the 188 stipling brush she used gave me such a light application - who knew SFF could look so natural?!

I'd heard lots about the 188 and 187 through blogs and was always curious to give one of them a go.. so I bit the bullet and bought it!

I truly feel like this is the BEST Mac brush I have ever purchased. £25 well spent.

MAC 188 below: (the white part looks a bit grey in this photo for some reason - must be the flash!)

What I use my 188 brush for... my Studio Fix Fluid shown below.


I am now a NC15. I originally was NC20 for years, then got told I was a NW20 in September - but NW never felt right for me. I am pale but have warm undertones and tan well, so I don't get why I got matched as an NW but hey ho I have my NC15 now and it is a PERFECT match :)

I'm also very pleased that with the new 188 brush, I can wear SFF in the day time because it gives me such a light application - it barely looks like I'm wearing foundation - yet it looks flawless at the same time! It's so natural looking that it has swayed my mum to order the Sigma 188 (she goes berserk when she sees how much I spend on Mac brushes!)


Finally, the last thing I got at Mac was an eyeshadow pan in Brule. Pretty boring colour choice, but I know it's going to be well used!

What are your recent loves?

Lydia xox

11 comments:

  1. Lydia are the MA's in Cardiff nice? I want to get matched up but i'm the kind of person who is scared to ask :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be afraid to ask - that's their jobs so they are used to it!
    I prefer the MA's on the Debenhams counter. The actual MAC store is where the MA said I was an NW, which in hindsight was a BIG mistake! Haha. And they are generally more friendly and chatty in Debenhams. There is one girl in particular, I think her name is Lisa.. she is always lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thanks hon! I'm heading up this week and need to be matched up for foundation, so i'll go to the Debenhams first =) yeah they sound more reliable there! Merci =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plus, you get to use your Debenhams Beauty Reward Card ;) I have racked up so many points on mine it's kinda embarassing! Yay to free Debenhams money though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey doll! Great haul :] Ive been wanting that brush too! I have never owned a MAC brush :[. I have been wanting to try Brule also, for highlighting the brow bone area. Please let me know if it ends up working for you! Would love to see a swatch and FOTD with it too! Take care beautiful :] ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes of course, I've used my well on make-up in Debenhams =)
    Thanks for the advice hon =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was matched to MAC nw20/15 but really don't like the colour it gives me. I might change to nc15 and see if it makes a difference for me too! I have warm undertones and want to neutralise it! I have the sigma 188 and 187 and I love them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your the same colour as me! Makes it handy for matching colours in the future hehe! I love the 187 brush, it has truly changed the way I thought about SFF, it goes on so natural looking as you say. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Sara - I will use it today and try to get a FOTD! :)

    @ Alicia - no worries!

    @ Pyxiee - Before you buy NC15, it might be best to get it tried out on you and ask if you can walk around and come back - that way you can see how it looks in natural light. The woman at my counter even gave me a sample which I used for a few days before ordering it! Very handy.

    @ Jo - Yay for pale faces! Haha definitely. I am always on the lookout for what shades people use of things I'm interested in getting. I think the 187 will be next on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that brush looks great! You must be sooo happy you have the perfect match! I still struggle with that sometimes it's a pain!
    I love Brule, it's boring yep ;) BUT it's such great for day-to-day wear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I realllyyy want to try this brush- but need to afford it first!

    I use brule most days- it's so useful x

    ReplyDelete