Nars Sheer Glow - Why It Didn't Work For Me

24 March 2010

Nars Sheer Glow - Why It Didn't Work For Me

Hey everyone, hope you are all having a good week.

This (lengthy!) review on Nars Sheer Glow won't be a happily-ever-after review like just about all the other blog reviews you can find on this foundation. Sadly, for me, it didn't work.

I bought this foundation in February, and it was the first Nars foundation I had tried out - I had very high hopes after all the raving reviews.


To begin with, I got off on the wrong foot with this foundation because the MA matched me up as Gobi - which made me look so much more paler than I already was! Unfortunately, due to department stores unnatural lighting I bought it because it looked like a good match in the mirror.
Once I got the foundation home and applied it myself the next day, all I could see was a ghost-like complexion staring back at me in the mirror!

As this foundation is deemed 'sheer glow' I didn't really want to apply any powder - it was already pretty matte on it's own! But to add more colour to my complexion it was necessary to dust some MAC MSF Natural on top. This also helped it's staying power majorly.

Despite those negatives, I did enjoy the light coverage of the foundation which I found very buildable - handy to cover up imperfections.

So all was well and good. I was quite enjoying wearing the foundation - it was a nice change to all the heavy foundations I had worn in the past.

BUT... then the dreaded thing happened. I broke out in under the skin spots. This is not normal for me, never has a product before resulted in a breakout - never mind cystic ones!!!
As first it was just one spot, so I persevered and continued to wear the foundation daily. Soon I realised that for each day I wore the foundation a new cystic spot would appear.

With 5 painful cystic spots on my face, I knew it was time to quit using Nars Sheer Glow. And that's where my experience ends. I am incredibly narked at the fact the MA said "blah blah blah this foundation is *insert fancy word here which I can't remember* so it will not cause you to get spots!" - PFFT shows what he knew! Ugh!

At £29 a bottle, I am very disappointed that this foundation didn't work for me.

This review is not to show Nars the brand in a negative light at all. I just felt it was necessary to do this review - because this foundation has been painted to be fantastic - but the reality is, it is not all rainbows and butterflies. I'm not telling you to NOT buy it - I'm just offering you a little insight into my experience for you to take on board.

Hope this was helpful. Be sure to let me know if this has happened to you too - surely there must be others out there?!

Blog soon,

Lydia xox

6 comments:

  1. It didn't work for me either - but we seem to be in a minority! I found that it clumped quite easily and made my skin look flaky in patches. I just couldn't get along with it at all and for that money, I really wanted to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a shame when you build up such hope for a product and then it doesn't work out. I have to say its an ok foundation, it wasn't anything spectacular so don't worry your not missing out on much! I much prefer Photo Ready. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear an honest review Lydia! I have been a bit iffy about this foundation just because of the price and I would have to buy it online so matching up colours is too tricky! But the breaking out part that is just not on!!!! Maybe you could sell the remaining on ebay!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. £29? Oh my goodness! Thanks for the honest review :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( Its such a lot of money its a shame it didnt work :(
    I love Revlon Photoready, only had it 3 days and its my favourite foundation of all time!!!! you should try it! :)

    ReplyDelete