Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

9 February 2010

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Hello everyone! Haven't had much chance to blog this week so I thought I'd squeeze in a little review tonight.

The product in the spotlight is Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion, which I have been using for over a month now and I am totally smitten with it! Before I got this, I used to apply Sudocrem to my spots (which don't get me wrong - it's still a genius idea!) but this Drying Lotion works a million times better. It isn't greasy, it goes on as a thick liquid and dries in seconds.


How to use it: It's simple! You just dip a cotton bud (q tip!) into the bottle - right down to the pink section. You must NOT shake the bottle and mix up the solution. As you can see below it is pink at the bottom and clear at the top. You put the cotton bud right in to the bottom, pull it out and dab it on your spot. It then dries to a pink little patch which you leave on overnight and wash off in the morning.
Why I like it: I think this product is great. Sudocrem was originally doing a great job for me, but I find even though it's meant to dry out your spots, it is very greasy and can create a breeding space for new spots what with all the oiliness. The drying lotion is self explanatory really - it is a lotion that dries your spot out. It dries instantly and there is no grease and no mess. It doesn't get on your pillow because it is not tacky - it is purely dry! If anything, it might flake off gradually if you are pulling lots of facial expressions or touching the area - which I would really avoid doing when you have a spot anyway!

Does it work?: I would say yes! I cannot 100% prove it, but whenever I have applied this at night, the next morning the spot is either noticeably smaller and less angry looking, or it has come to a white head. Some spots need the lotion to be applied two or three nights in a row, it really depends what the spot is like!

Would I repurchase?: Definitely!

Price: £14.50

Where to buy it?: I get mine from HQhair.com - you can buy it by clicking here


Lydia xox



5 comments:

  1. I have wanted to try this for ages - thanks for the review! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard lots about this. Looks great! Wish it was as cheap as sudacrem though! But if it does the job, then it doesn't matter xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lauren - a little expensive but definitely worth it! Been using it for nearly 2 months and there is no sign of the solution going down yet! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. that pink part reminds me of cream I used to use as a kid for rashes & eczema, heh. I think I might try this out, need to dry out my whole face which is covered in spots! I bet it lasts for ages! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never heard of this before so thanks for the tip - i think i'll give it a go!

    ReplyDelete