January Faves

1 February 2010

January Faves

Hello everyone! Can't believe it is February already - but I am embracing it with open arms, for I hate January! Such a depressing month!

I don't normally do monthly favourites but I hope to make it a regular thing in 2010 :)


Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Treatment: I bought this after Christmas and have been using it on my damp hair every time I wash it. It's a leave in treatment designed to help minimise breakage when your hair is exposed to heat from drying and styling. There are many things I love about this product, but the main thing is the smell - it is so yummy! I also feel it does it's job, there's hardly any bits of blonde hair left on my shoulders after I straighten it now which is always a good thing!!

Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne Perfume: I got this perfume for Christmas and again ,have been using it ever since. I just love love love the smell of it! As you can see, it's going down very quickly in the bottle. The main reason for this is because the scent isn't very long lasting so I end up spraying more of it - boo! So this is in my favourites for the smell, not for it's staying power sadly.


Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer: This is a 15ml sample size that I received when I bought the full size of Clinique Super Defense SPF25 Moisturizer. I have to say that I have used it every night for about 3 weeks and it still hasn't run out! Plus I wake up every morning and my face feels well moisturized but not greasy. I'm considering buying the full size when it runs out - unless something better comes along!

Nars Orgasm Blusher: Love love love this blusher! It's my first and only Nars product at the moment (shocking, I know!) and it has definitely started up a love affair for me. I use this blush 4 or 5 days a week, interchanging with MAC's Pink Swoon at the moment.

Benefit Speed Brow: Wow, I love this brow grooming gel! A little wonder in a stick. I know a lot of people say clear mascara does the job just as well, but I disagree - Speed Brow has a much smaller brush than a mascara wand does, therefore making it so much easier to accurately groom the brows into place. Plus it is very lightly tinted, and I feel this doesn't leave the brows looking so glossy as clear mascara does (this is a good thing!)


So that's all for now, pretty small amount but I can't say anything else stood out for me!

Lydia xox

7 comments:

  1. The Redken sounds brilliant. I don't own any Nars :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo I definately like the look of the redken! I love the speed brow too :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Redken product is a little bit of a god send - especially if your hair is prone to breakage like mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great favourites. I have stopped using my ghds on my hair because of the damage so I think the redken would be great if I start to use them again! I don't own any nars either, its not sold near me =( xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh Amen on the glossy brows (what exactly is natural about that?? hmmmm.... lol) and that Redken product sounds fantastic!!!!
    I was going to email but I'm here now :) I just wanted to let you know I am popping your little parcel into the post tomorrow!!! So hopefully it reaches you safely!!!!! : ) And you like it!!!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh no way Lydia don't feel bad at all!!!! Don't rush at all, whenever hey :) No stress or deadline at all!! I was just really lucky, I walked into a department store yesterday and Chi Chi had 20-30% so I made the most of it :) I didn't actually make it to the post office today though I was too exhausted- just came home and laid on the bed instead, thank GOD tomorrow is Friday lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything on here too, we're so similar! Thanks for the lovely blog comment gorgeous - so jealous you work at Lush! Have you checked out my youtube channel? I only started yesterday :) Laura XOXO

    ReplyDelete