Forgotten MAC haul.. with reviews!

20 February 2010

Forgotten MAC haul.. with reviews!

Hi everyone.. hope you are all having a good weekend. The weekend seems to be the only time I get some spare time on my hands to blog so sorry for being so slow with posts recently.

Whilst browsing through my 'blog' folders on my laptop I noticed I had never blogged about my MAC haul from around 4 weeks ago! However, it's worked out quite nicely because now I can include reviews with my haul as they have all been tried and tested! :)

I bought:
MAC Cleanse Off Oil
MAC E/S pan in Patina
MAC E/S pan in Mulch
MAC Studio Fix Concealer in NW20



First up - the Cleanse Off Oil.
I have been using this every night since I got it and I love it! I admit I was very apprehensive to try this out because I had the idea that oil = grease = spots galore! But this isn't the case. If anything, oil cleans oil. I apply a 5p sized amount to my cheeks and rub it in (to dry skin) in circular motions. Then I take another 5p sized amount and go over my forehead, nose and chin. Then finally, I take another 5p sized amount and massaage it into my eye make-up very carefully. Then I rinse my entire face with warm water, which turns the oil to a milky colour. Afterwards, I see that every inch of my make-up has been removed. It's a quick process with excellent results. I'm definitely sticking to oil cleansers from now on!


MAC eyeshadows in Patina (left) and Mulch (right)

Both these eyeshadows are gorgeous! They are also great to pair together. I like to wear Patina on the inner 2/3 of the lid, and Mulch in the other corner and crease - creating a V shape.
I can honestly say that Patina is one of the best MAC eyeshadows I've ever bought! I use it all the time for all different looks. It is a dirty golden-brown that can work with a lot of other colours. It is also pretty subtle for daytime wear. It is 100% my new favourite MAC eyeshadow! Mulch is great too, but I prefer using it just for the outer corners.

Studio Fix Concealer (NW20):
I don't have a photo of this, but it's safe to say this has already been well used and well loved since I got it. I never used to really use concealer - just relied on the heavy coverage of SFF to cover my spots. Now I can wear lighter foundations, and use this to dab onto my imperfections. I utterly LOVE it. Definitely a make-up bag staple. I also have to add it's really creamy and easy to work with - unlike Benefit's Boiing .. my main problem with that is how un-easy it was to work with!!

So that's it :) hoping to do another post this weekend to show you what I got in my swap with the lovely Sarah (If The Shoe Fits...)


Lydia xox

9 comments:

  1. I love Patina too! It's one of my most used in my palette. I think it's a more interesting colour when it's on as well because in the pan it doesn't look that great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about boiing its so hard to work with! I really want to try the cleanse of oil I didnt think it would remove mascara! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul!! I don't like the Cleansing Oil, though..
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Onyx - definitely! It's a beautiful colour

    @Hannah - the cleansing oil does remove mascara! Before I used to have to use an oil-based eye make-up remover but now this Cleanse Off Oil does the trick!

    @Catanya - that's a shame, I have heard a few people who it hasn't worked for :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Cleanse Off Oil! I don't think I'll ever use anything else!

    And I think I need to buy patina!!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Patina as well! It's such a pretty colour and so versatile!!
    My next post is going to be to show our swap goodies too :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I havnt got Patina, may have to invest!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try the cleanse off oil, i've heard such good things about it x

    ReplyDelete