Revlon ColorStay Foundation

11 January 2010

Revlon ColorStay Foundation

Hello everyone. Ahh Monday is upon us again - and today I am moving back into my university house as I have an exam on Friday. I'm strapped for time today so I apologise for these photos being taken on my webcam but I didn't have much choice!

Today I want to big up Revlon ColorStay foundation. I decided to try this out after seeing numerous people comparing its quality to that of MAC's Studio Fix Fluid which is my favourite foundation!

Recently I've found SFF to be drying my skin out when I wear it too often, so after seeing Kelly's video on the Revlon foundation, I decided to pick one up. Kelly's video was very helpful because, like her, I am a shade NW20 at MAC.. so I figured if Revlon 220 Natural Beige matched Kelly, then it would match me too.. and I was right! It is a perfect match - it looks a better colour match than my MAC SFF does!
The foundation has spf6 which is always good, I prefer it when foundations have sun coverage in them just in case I don't have time to apply a moisturiser with spf in it. It is also a heavy coverage just like MAC SFF, but it doesn't look cakey at all. I prefer heavy coverage because they cover my spot scars and dark circles, which means I don't need to use concealer.
Another reason I'm so keen to swtich to Revlon ColorStay from MAC Studio Fix Fluid is the price. At £11, the Revlon is £8 cheaper than MAC. On top of this, I used less of the Revlon foundation to cover my face than what I normally use of MAC - I think this is because Revlon felt more light and easy to blend therefore I could spread it around my face more equally.


Below : what the foundation looks like in natural light.
It is safe to say I am absolutely 100% sold on this foundation. It is staying in my make-up bag and I'll be using it every day!

Lydia xox

10 comments:

  1. This foundation is HG for me
    xxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely shaping up to be HG for me too!! Have to give it a few weeks more trial before I can put that label on it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I've been keen to try this foundation out for a while but just never got round to it. I hate going through the whole finding out my shade business. I like the fact they do a version for oily/combination skin though, v.useful.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive read sooo many reviews like this, comparing SFF to colorstay, and I STILL haven't tried it!!! I don't know why, I think it's just because SFF is so good, I can't imagine a drugstore brand being better!!
    I will get around to trying this one day!!
    Im an NC20, so I reckon Ill try the 220 aswell :)
    Great review! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard rave reviews about this product! I do agree that when you "over use" foundation, it does cake and it gets used to your skin. And the fact that it's really affordable, I'm sold in buying this product! thanks for the review!

    http://skincareandmakeupreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree! this is so so good i cant praise this foundation enough!

    ive just reviewed it on my blog!
    www.kerrylouise20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this one too! I also replaced my SFF with this - I have nearly a full bottle left and still prefer colorstay. I am nw20/15 so now its winter I am using Buff but use this one in the summer! I think that it is really long lasting too - Glad you liked it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh I just adore this foundation too! It is the best!! I have tried others thinking maybe, just maybe there is something better out there but turns out there isn't (lol for me anyway). Look sooo gorgeous on you!!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your so cute :)

    I have 2 bottles of this in different shades & can't get them to work well on my skin :( such a shame as i like the formulation just it leaves my skin terribly yellow looking which is not such a hot look lol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm an NW20 MAC w/ dry skin. The Revlon Color Stay in 220 Combo/Oily is a perfect match; but my skin is dry. The 220 in the normal/dry skin is too dark though-I had to go with the 180. It's a very close match, but perhaps a little muddy. I love the texture though, and if I use a sponge instead of a brush it comes out almost perfect!

    ReplyDelete