Recent Purchases..Benefit, Clarins

16 January 2010

Recent Purchases..Benefit, Clarins

Hiya everyone, hope you are all having a lovely weekend. My exam went ok yesterday - thanks for all the good lucks! So after my exam I decided to do a little retail therapy and here's what I picked up...

First up is Benefit Speed Brow - which is basically a mascara wand eyebrow comb which you use to apply the brow gel to your brows to keep them in place. I rarely do anything on a day to day basis to keep my brows tidy - I get them waxed once a month so for the majority of the time they look groomed! However the week before I am due a wax, they do get unruly so I bought this for the 'unruly eyebrows' days!



Next up is Pure Virgin Coconut Oil. I have been tempted to try Coconut Oil as a hair treatment for quite some time, and after seeing Imogen's blog post about her experience using it, I decided to try it for myself! I got this from a local health shop for just £3.69 - way cheaper than Holland&Barratt by the way!



Next is a pair of Accessorize Sterling Silver Studs which were just £4! I think they are so cute and I needed some studs because I haven't been wearing earrings for months! All the earrings I own are pretty dressy so I just needed some plain (yet super pretty!) studs to wear on a day to day basis. I think these are also glam enough for a night out :)





My primer ran out at the start of this week (sob sob), I was on the lookout for a new primer. I had been recommended Gosh's one but from what I can see it doesn't look like the type of primer I would like. I would also rather spend a bit more money on a product I knew was going to give me good results. I was dabbling between a Lancome one, an Illamasqua one or a Clarins one.

After giving it some thought, I bought Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer. I didn't want to waste money on a product that didn't work, and I'd seen Sarah's blog post on this particular primer and I trust her judgement so I went ahead and got it!

I'm so happy I decided to get this - used it this morning and it left my skin feeling like velvet!



Whilst I was Benefit I also picked up another Creaseless Cream Eyshadow in the shade Tattle Tale which is a beautiful pale golden colour. I used it today all over my lid, with another Benefit Cream e/s in Birthday Suit in the other corners. These cream eyeshadows are awesome and very versatile!




Finally, I headed to Lush to stock up on bath stuff! I picked up quite a lot of bath melts/bombs/bubble bars so I won't post them here but let me know if you'd like to see my little Lush haul and I'll get right onto it in a new blog post! :)

The reason I decided to pick so much stuff is that I was only a Lush Christmas temp so my discount runs out at the end of this month, and more importantly I have come home to my parents for a relaxing few days after exams and many many Lush baths are to be had!! :D

Lydia xox

10 comments:

  1. Coconut oil is brilliant stuff, its gorgeous to put on after a hot bath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to try that coconut oil treatment it sound such a cheap but good idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love to see what you got from lush :)
    eloise xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What discount did you get at Lush? (May have asked this before!). I really want to try a creamless eyeshadow- I've heard lots of good things xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use that Benefit brow gel, it's really good! It doesn't give much colour (although it looks brown in the bottle), but it really keeps my brows in place. Hope you will enjoy it as much as me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cream eyeshadows and this one looks lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I have got a great big hole in my Tattle Tale because I use it so much lol

    You got some great things chick xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love creaseless shadows from benefit. I have RSVP which I use every day and it hardly looks dented so that last a while! I'd like to know how you get on with clarins, I'm always looking for a new primer xx

    ReplyDelete