Illamasqua Lashes & YSL Top Secrets Primer

10 January 2010

Illamasqua Lashes & YSL Top Secrets Primer

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a lovely Sunday. I am being incredibly lazy this weekend, but I'm going to make the most of it because I move back to my university house tomorrow ready for the exam period! Argh!

Today I just wanted to show you these gooooorgeous lashes from Illamasqua which I bought on Christmas eve, it was a bit of an impulse buy. The Illamasqua counter is right opposite MAC and I was there buying presents for my mum and got sidetracked.

I love Illamasqua's stuff and something I hadn't tried before is their lashes so I picked these up. I originally wanted to get a natural pair but they had sold out so I settled for these beauties :)
Look how pretty they are! These are being saved for a night out after exams - I pinky promise to do a blog post with photos of me wearing them!


Next I want to mention YSL's Top Secrets Primer. I bought this in September having received a (generous sized) sample of it in the summer. I needed a new primer, I had liked it when I used the sample and my housemate also had the full size version - it was safe to say I was sold.

It's lasted me about 3-4 months (almost run out, but not quite!) which is pretty generous because there is only product in the white part of the packaging. The gold part is the lid and when you take it off there is a brush underneath. It is in the same style as YSL's Perfect Touch foundation - with a brush and a twisty on/off neck.

What did I like about it? I loved the brush. I know for a lot of people, the brush was the downside to the foundation and I kind of agree. But for primer, I think the built in brush was a great idea! I just squirted the primer on my hand, dabbed the brush in it and quickly brushed it all over my face. It made the process quick and easy - always good when I'm in a rush, it meant I never skipped the primer step in my routine!

What didn't I like about it? What I didn't like is how quickly the formulation dried. You have to be quite thorough when applying it, because you can't go back and re-blend it over your face - it will have already dried in seconds! Saying this - it's a very small negative aspect, and asides from this I LOVED the product!

Will I be repurchasing this? No but only because of the price. I would in the future, but right now I cannot afford to spend £28+ on a primer! £28 is only a guesstimation.. It could have cost more now I'm thinking about it! Eep!

So this brings me to this question - what primers do you all use? I'm thinking of trying a Benefit or Clarins one? I loved 'That Gal' primer by Benefit when they tried it on me, but it seems like a bit of a marketing gimmick - for starters it's pink in colour!

So let me know guys :)


Lydia xox

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I love those lashes! Have some similar from MAC very dramatic. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lashes are AMAZING! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using the L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer and really like it. It makes your skin feel like velvet!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Daisy - thanks, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those lashes! I have only just got into falsies, but using Girls Aloud.
    The primer I use atm is by ELF. I really like it so far! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous lashes, I have two pairs from Illamasqua now but can't seem to get a comfy fit :( Think they may just need trimming though as they're a bit long for me. I use the Illamasqua satin primer which is amazing!!! I've recommended it to two friends now who both love it too. I have combo skin so was a bit worried it would exacerbate oily areas but it doesn't at all, it just gives the skin a really natural 'glow from within look' and you can add more to areas you want to be more dewy like the tops of your cheekbones which I've found works really well xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use Shu Uemura's UV Base as a face primer. It's by far the best primer I have ever used. I'm currently using Rimmel's and I actually am fond of the product! :)

    ReplyDelete