Dove Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner

12 January 2010

Dove Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner

Hello everyone. Hope you are all ok this miserable Tuesday afternoon!

About an hour ago I was browsing on HQhair.com and was about to place an order for some Pureology shampoo and conditioner when I had a breakthrough thought... Is it really worth spending £32 (collectively, not each) on products that don't make that much of a difference to my hair?

I use high end hair products on and off, and Pureology is a brand I've yet to try so I can't say that their results won't be fantastic or out of this world, but the likelihood is is that, like all higher end brands, are significantly overpriced for what you get.

For me, the only shampoo and conditioner that has ever stood out is the Dove Theraphy line. They are the only shampoo and conditioner I can use every time I wash my hair, week after week. Before Dove came along, my hair would start to get greasy quicker if I didn't switch the products up a bit.

Below (sorry for yet another webcam photo.. I am strapped for time this week!) : holding up Dove Heat Defence Therapy Shampoo & Heat Colour Repair Therapy Conditioner.



I really do believe these hair products are outstanding, at £1.85 each you really can't go wrong. i think the reason they work so well for me is that they contain serum which makes your hair feel really soft and noticeably less tangled.
I've noticed if I switch to another brand, my hair feels noticeably more dry after I've washed it and it's probably because I'm so used to the serum in the Dove ones.
I switch up which ones I buy, sometimes I get the Colour Repair if I feel like my highlights are fading, and sometimes I will buy the Heat Defence ones. Both work equally as good.

Well.. it's back to boring revision for me, I seriously cannot wait for Fridays exam to be over!

Lydia xox

8 comments:

  1. I love high end products, but I miss only spending like $5 for a shampoo and conditioner. The only reason why I stick with high end hair products is because I see a total change ( I went from Pantene Pro-V to Kera Care by Avlon). The Kera Care really makes my hair stronger and moisturized, the only problem is I hate the way it smells. I'm going to try out this Dove and see if it works well with my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works for you! I think it will if you have dry hair which has heat used it on it frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lydia,

    You can take part in my Life and Loves anytime, just email me at laurenholden6@gmail.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used the "Pro Age" Dove shampoo and conditioner before, it was my mums and I started sharing it when my shampoo ran out and I thought that was fab as well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so getcha Lydia! I switch between high end and supermarket hair products constantly and always think is it reallyyyy worth it & do they honestly make a difference!
    The Dove sounds great- I will have to find it :)

    And you are sooo lucky to have gone to Egypt!!! I bet it was just amazing although the heat, oh my I can only imagine!!!

    Ooh and GOOD LUCK for your exams!! You will do great I know it!!! Knock em dead and hope Friday comes fast for you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stick with the Dove if it works! I only use high end products when they are better then a cheaper alternative, why waste the money. I hope your exams went ok x

    ReplyDelete