What I'm Thankful For..

26 November 2009

What I'm Thankful For..

I'm British so, no, I'm not celebrating Thanksgiving today. However, I wish the UK did because what's not good about taking the time to remember the things you're thankful for?

Today I sat down and got out my notebook and wrote down 5 things I'm thankful for.

1. My mum. It's always been just me and my mum throughout most my life. Yes, she has a long-term partner, but a lot of the time it was just me and her. I never realised untill recently, she has become one of my best friends. Before she annoyed me to infinity, but now that I live away from home it means the times I do see her are positive and happy.

2. My best friend. I'm lucky to have had the same best friend since I was 3. Like two peas in a pod, I would feel like I'd lost an arm if I was without her. Going to different universities is hard but it's made us stronger.

3. My cat. It may sound silly, but you know there's rarely a person you can tell EVERYTHING to? Well my cat knows everything. And she doesn't tell a soul. I miss her the most when I'm away from home, she's my little baby and one of my oldest friends.

4. Health. I'm thankful to be healthy. To be able hear - imagine life without music and chatter? To be able to see - my loved ones and the world. To be able to walk - at this time of year I'm more thankful than ever.. love those walks on crisp winter days. To be able to smell. To be able to touch. To be able to feel.

5. Life. Everyone takes life for granted a lot of the time, me included. I just try to remember "each day is a gift and not a given right."

What are you grateful for?

Lydia xox

No comments:

Post a Comment