Hair Colour Destination: Achieved!!

26 October 2009

Hair Colour Destination: Achieved!!

For a while now I have wanted to revert back to more natural, highlighted hair as opposed to in your face full head of bleach blonde. 

It's been a lengthy process because bleached hair is so porus and it means colour doesn't 'grab' particularly well. Even if it does take initially, it will fade after a few washes!

Anyway so the all over bleach is about half way down my hair since I have been getting full head of highlights and it has blended amazingly. As there is so much non bleach on the top half of my hair, the gold highligts and the bronze lowlights have gradually grabbed onto my hair more and more each time. Seeing my hair yesterday after having it done by my hairdresser I finally saw the results I wanted. Now it's at the stage I want it, all I have to do is maintain it with highlights every 8 weeks. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPINESS!

So above is my hair now: a mix of very light blonde, golden blonde and bronze brown highlights.

Above: my hair when it was full head bleach (last July in Egypt btw!) I loved it but it had definitely had it's day. Goodbye tacky whiteness. Hello natural :)

It may not look worlds apart, but really I have waited so long for it to get like this.


Lydia xox

2 comments:

  1. I love it! And you can really notice the difference too. I know what you mean, it's a great feeling when you get the hair you want. It took me a long time and a lot of hair dye to find the right colour for me! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I'm so pleased to be at this stage! It felt like this wasn't going to be any light in the tunnel lol! Now for the next goal: a bit of growth.. lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete