My Skincare Regime

5 September 2009

My Skincare Regime

So this is my current skin care regime. I have seen quite a few videos and posts on this recently and I enjoy watching/reading them so this is my contribution!

Before I started using the Clinique 3 Step Skincare System I never really had a skincare routine.. when I started using it I saw drastic improvements in my skin. Now I tend to stick to the first 2 parts but use different moisturisers as I feel Cliniques gel isnt moisturising enough, and their moisturiser is too greasy for my skin.


Morning:



1. First I wash my face with Clinique's Mild Facial Wash
2. Then I tone with Clinique Clarifying Loton (I'm a number 2 which is Combination Dry, but this will vary depending on your skin type - if you go to a Clinique counter they will test you and find yours)
3. I am currently moisturising with Oil of Olay's Beauty Fluid. It isn't the greatest and I don't plan to continue the use of this for long, but it provides a nice matte base for foundation. I also change this step up with Neutragina Oil Free Moisturiser if I feel my skin needs more moisture.


Night:


1. First I use Clinique 'Take The Day Off' balm which removes all make-up, including waterproof mascara and eyeliner.
2. Then I wash my face with Clinque Mild Facial Wash.
3. Tone with Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
4. I then apply YSL Hydra/Protect Intense Nourishing Creme - this is a wonderful moisturiser, which I recommend highly, if you can justify the price tag!

Spots:
If a spot appears or is visible under the surface, I ALWAYS apply a thick dot of Sudocrem to clean skin. I even apply this 5 minutes before applying foundation. This dries up spots wonderfully for me. I have heard it works wonders for other people too, but then others not so well. But at such a cheap price tag, it is worth a try!

Let me know if you do a post on skin care, as I said.. I love these posts!


I'm going out for dinner with my best friend and her mum tonight, hope you all have a wonderful Saturday evening.


Lydia xox

5 comments:

  1. I used to use Clinique they always have good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh great post Lydia! I love seeing what everyone uses on their skin... my sister swears by Clinique too!!
    Lol nah don't worry! I haven't seen even half of my country, it's pretty sad! But just gives us an excuse to go travel more right!!?
    Gawshh I bet Cuba was amazinggggggg!!!!
    Did you post pics!? I'm going to have to go and have a looksie to see if you did now in case I missed them!!
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love clinique facial products - started using them so long ago and have never tried anything else!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have to find some of that Sudocream! If its as good as it sounds it will help clear up a few trouble spots I have around my face at the moment! xx

    ReplyDelete