FOTD + Haul 13/08/09

16 August 2009

FOTD + Haul 13/08/09

Hey everyone, so me and my best friend went shopping on Thursday in Cardiff. A bit of delay in uploading these seeing as it is now Sunday, but blogger has been totally rubbish for me recently!



EOTD:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Shadestick in Sharkskin - drawn along my lash line on my lid
MAC Violet pigment sweeped all over my eyes - this turns the line of shadestick a gorgeous blue-purple
L'oreal Voluminous x5 Mascara
MAC Eyeliner in Engraved - lower lash line

Face (below):
MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC20
MAC MSF Medium Dark
YSL Bronzer in 01
Light dusting of MAC's Pink Swoon blush


What I bought:

I was specifically on the lookout for a new dress, and Topshop is my favourite place for dresses. I picked up this cute floral one for £40. It's a little bit quirky which I liked, and it's purple which is quickly becoming my favourite colour at the moment!


I fell in love with this gorgeous midnight blue long top from New Look. It was £18 (I think!) and I thought it would be perfect with leggings or jeans for a night out with heels! Sometimes I like to dress down a little (dressing down for me is not wearing a dress or skirt haha) so this will get a lot of use. I just love the colour more than anything else!



I bought this neckalce from Primark! It was only £2 and I like to have some cheap costume jewellery. Again, it's purple - can you tell I'm a bit obsessed right now?!


In Superdrug I bought MaxFactor's False Lash Effect mascara and NYC nail polish in Madison.
It's crazy - I didn't stray from using Dior Diorsow Blackout Mascara for months and months, and now recently I am buying all these drugstore brands - I don't know what's up with me! Anyway, MaxFactor is a brand I have always thought highly of - I couldn't live without their Masterpiece mascara about a year ago!
The NYC polish is gorgeous. A lovely cherry red.

Then when I went to MAC I was on best behaviour. I didn't want to splurge because I must have spent £100's at MAC over the last few months. I controlled myself and just bought a MAC pigment (loving these recently) in Vanilla which I know I will get a lot of use out of, and the 227 brush to apply it.



In Cardiff, the Illamasqua counter is just opposite MAC in Debenhams so I was easily led astray. Truth be told, I did plan to buy something from there anyway but I wanted to get a lipgloss - and came away with a cream blush! The MA put it on me and it just looked gorgeous. Really shimmery and baby pink, 'Lies' works as a great highlight/subtle blush with my tan. Really happy with that purchase, I want more Illamasqua Cream Blushes now!
And that was it. More blog posts to come from me today, I am on a roll my lovelies...
Lydia xox

3 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely things there! I'm jealous of you being able to shop in Cardiff- my friend went to Uni there so I visited once and fell in love with the city. It's gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cardiff too! It's about a 40 min train journey for me so it's nice to go now and then :)
    Funny thing is that my friend is at Leeds uni and I fell in love with it when I went there! Shopping heaven x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh the Violent pigment looks so pretty on you!! Great haul too! I need to try those cream blushes now :) xx

    ReplyDelete