TAG - My most worn

3 July 2009

TAG - My most worn

So I finally got round to doing this great tag after being tagged by the beautiful Daisy at http://cupcakeswithcherries.blogspot.com/ .

It was quite hard to choose because I like to mix things up a lot - spice is the variety of life and all that. Plus I think continuous use of a product isn't always a good thing - for example shampoo and conditioners. But here is what always does a great job for me and I often reach to!


I also added in my most used skin care product :)


Most Used...
Skin Care
YSL Nutri-Syteme Hydra Protect face cream - I've used this almost every day since I bought it! I was a bit iffy paying so much for a face cream but now I know it is so worth it! I will even re-purchase this again and again. I recommend it very highly. As a person who couldnt wear moisturiser often because of my skin being so oily, this is a breakthrough - I bought the one for dry skin instead of normal/combination skin by accident! And I haven't broke out in any extra spots because of this. Genius.

Lipstick


YSL Rouge Volupte shade 7 - my uber nude shade. It's nude, but has enough baby pink in it to make it not look like "hello, my lips are purposely the same colour as my skin nude". I don't wear lipstick all that often, I prefer lipglosses and balms because of their moisture but this lipstick provides moisture. Love how it feels on my lips!

Top/Dress

When I saw this dress (or top as my mum seems to keep calling it) in Topshop I HAD to have it - as someone who has studied French all throughout school and A levels I am a bit of a fan of le francais. It had my name written all over it. I wear this as often as I can get away with - pairing it with my Wrangler denim jacket and a black belt. Paired with tights in the winter, and bare legs in the summer - it is my favourite dress EVER!


Nail Polish

OPI California Raspberry - I keep grabbing for this because.. in a nutshell.. I love pinks and I love reds.. this polish combines the two! It's not too red, it's not too pink - it is PERFECT! I wear it on my finger nails a lot of the time.


Shoes
M&S Bow Flats - So in the day time I'm either seen in flats, flip flops or boots. These shoes caught my eye in Marks and Spencers because they are just TOO cute! They are flats but have a tiny 1.5 inch block heel which I like. They are such good quality and will take a lot of battering before they need to be binned - most of my flats get ruined instantly!

Hair Product

TurnStylr Revival Cream - I feel it is a bit unfair to put this in, as my auntie sent it to me in the post, I assume it is from Sallys but I can't be sure. When I first got this I hated it - which is weird, my auntie normally gets everything right when it comes to gifts and products for me. But for the last month I have used it on my hair when it's damp and it has dried wonderfully! Feels really soft and straightening time is lessened :)


Perfume


Chanel Chance - This is my most favourite perfume ever. I've been using it for about 5 years now. I often go between two perfumes - I find they last longer that way because you have 2 bottles on the go. So sometimes I wear Coco Chanel, other days I wear Chance. But Chance is definitely my favourite. As you can see my bottle is just running out - but never fear, I had a new one for my birthday! Will I ever tire of this perfume? It looks unlikely.

Bag
Dorothy Perkins Black Quilted Bag - I love the Chanel-esque bags, and untill I am rich enough to buy a real one I will continue to buy and love similar high street versions. River Island did a similar one to this but with their double R's trademark stamped on it - hideous. I hate that, all "oh look I came from River Island NOT Chanel" no thank you. So when I saw this similar but plain bag in DP I clearly HAD to have it. I love big bags, I carry my life around with me.


Eye Make-Up
MAC All That Glitters e/s - I love this because it's so pretty but very suitable for daytime. I also love incorporating it into more daring, evening looks because it looks great in the inner socket. I don't know where I would have been without this e/s? I will re-purchase and love this again and again.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner - I love these because their quick and easy to apply. I line my lower lash line almost every day with Zero (the black) because it takes hardly any time at all. When I have more time I like to use MAC's Fluidline, but seeing as this is a most used I thought this was more fitting.



I don't tag anyone in particular, because I know this has been floating around for over a week now and lots of people have done it. But if you want to do it, do it - I love reading these posts!
Lydia xox

3 comments:

  1. I definately share your love of all things quilted! If only we could afford the real bags!

    I saw that top in Topshop a while ago and thought it was so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete