Porcelain Veneers (teeth)

21 June 2009

Porcelain Veneers (teeth)

Well, last week I went to the dentist and it has been confirmed - I am getting veneers this summer! Yay!

I thought you all might be interested in the process and my teeth journey - even though it will only take two weeks and two appointments! So I promise to let you all in on it :-)

Below: an example of what veneers do - fill in caps, cover up chips and straighten out teeth.

I am getting veneers because when I was 12/13 I smacked myself in the mouth with a dog lead (yeah I was a clumsy child ha!) and cracked the middle of my two top front teeth. Ever since I have had temporary caps on them but I can't eat with them and they have resulted in staining to my teeth and they are no longer a proper colour match (see pic below) so... dun dun dun... I am allowed to get veneers! Real porcelain veneers that celebrities pay an incredible amount of money for!

In the photo below you can see that when I smile it isn't noticeable.. people never realised untill I tell them. But to me I can always see it when I look in the mirror and I hate the staining it has caused. I should have been allowed theses veneers a long time ago in my opinion, because the cement caps that filled in the chips are only temporary, meant for 6 months maximum.


So yes.. roll on August, I can't wait to have a proper smile :)
Lydia xox

6 comments:

  1. Aww that's great! I'm so jealous- I'd LOVE veneers! I've got a small gap between my front teeth and really want them to close it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh man, you're so lucky! Are you paying for them or are they through the NHS? I haven't been to the dentist in aggges, but I hate the work I had done years ago, wonder if I can have it altered.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @peachykeencheeks - nope it's through neither I guess, my dentist went private but because I've signed this form before I turned 19 it means it's free! I wouldn't have been allowed it if it wasn't for the fact it is their fault my teeth are stained!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same issue, although my story involed a seesaw not a dog lead. Equally clumsy. I'd love veneers but I'm not sure I could handle it - Im a total whimp!! =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh how exciting!!! they will look amazing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting! All of the stars have veneers, you'll look amazing!

    ReplyDelete