MAC Lustre Drops + more

18 June 2009

MAC Lustre Drops + more

So this morning I decided I should experiment with my Lustre Drops (in Sun Rush) by mixing it in with foundation.
If I had not told Jean (http://jeanmenzies.blogspot.com/) I would try it out to let her know I doubt I would have done this so soon so I'm glad I committed to it! Ha :)

I was pretty pleased with the results although it didn't mix amazingly well with my foundation - I had to add some more Lustre Drops into what was left on my palm as it didnt mix all the way through.
As you can see below it has given me a subtle summer glow - and the pictures I took hardly did it justice and I can say I would definitely recommend Lustre Drops if you intend on doing this. It made me look sun kissed, but subtley. Much nicer than using a bronzer in my opinion, although if you get a tan a light dusting of bronzer would look lovely on top of this I'd imagine.



I was also VERY pleased with GOSH's nail polish (shade Golden Brown) - I have literally fell in love with GOSH these last few months and this is the first time I've tried a nail polish of theirs - boy, I am impressed! Go try one out if you have access to GOSH :)



Today whilst in my local shopping mall I called into Boots and picked up Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara. I mainly bought this because as much as I love the Dior Diorshow Blackout that I use, I wanted to try something new and see if anything in a drug store could give me similar results.
I specifically went looking for this particular mascara because I know Nadia (http://www.youtube.com/user/LovePeaceandLipGloss) absolutely loves this mascara and in her make-up collection video she had a whole bunch of back ups of it! It must be good.. so I shall let you know how this goes :-)




And after all the GOSH loving, I picked up another polish by them in Frou Frou. As soon as I feel it's time to re-paint my nails, this is going on! I can't wait!


Lydia xox

5 comments:

  1. Your skin looks great on the 1st pic..really clear! Those nail polishes look nice too, have heard lots of good things about them.
    xx

    http://lilyloveslola.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thanks. That looks truelly gorgeous and I'm officially buying it this weekend (the lustredrops).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want that GOSH nail-polish- it's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love GOSH just did a swatch on my blog of there loose eyeshadows.

    the nails varnish is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your skin looks amazing!!!! What a fantastic idea!!! Sometimes bronzer doesn't always do the trick huh!
    Ohhh thanks for your travel tips :) I never thought of visiting a cemetary but what a great idea!!! Not morbid at all :P
    Can't wait for Euro Disney I'm going to go mental lol you must be getting excited for your trip too right???

    ReplyDelete